Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 14:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Emmanuel Gravel wrote:

>a real OS!)  But through all that, I'd like to get a no-bullshit
>comparison between both, just a few major differences that would make

FreeBSD is higher performance, more stable, more unix-like, and more
consistent in its releases as there is only one verion.

Linux (I hear) is easier, has a lot of applications, a larger user base,
and more printed info.

Please don't CC me in this thread if you reply to my opinions. I have no
interest in a LTR with the Linux v FreeBSD debate.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/