Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:42:09 +0400
From:      Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        "Gustafson, Tim" <tjg@meitech.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions @ freebsd. org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vi  / EAGAIN Problem

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 07:24:57AM -0400,
 Gustafson, Tim probably wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>=20
> I finally have the output of a ktrace of the problem where vi returns
> "Error: input: Resource temporarily unavailable" to me.  It can be
> downloaded from the following link.

Reading the kdump of your file is interesting, but at the first glance
the only peculiar thing that precedes the failing call is changing
signal handler for sig18, which is a

#define SIGTSTP         18      /* stop signal from tty */

Could this be something?

One more thing I thought of is watch(8)-ing the terminal, redirecting
all output to a file, and then `playing it back' (cat'ting onto another
terminal). If, after that, vi would produce the same results on the new
terminal, then I'd try trimming the output until it can't reproduce the
problem. This way, we could narrow down the problem a bit.=20
Unfortunately, I can no longer reproduce the problem:(

CC'ing Ben, who is also interested.

--=20
DoubleF
1.79 x 10^12 furlongs per fortnight -- it's not just a good idea, it's
the law!

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--