Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:12:52 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken c++?

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 04:53:08PM +0200, Jan Stocker wrote:

> > for your own code, you seem to lack -lstdc++
>
> This shouldn't be the prob...
> You never have to add -lstdc++ by hand... using g++ to link has to
> include it by itself.

yeah... I just did a little experimenting, seems to be a namespace
issue. So if you're going to use 'cout', remember to either put
"std::cout" or "using namespace std;" in your code... (damn I hate c++)

at one point, hand-adding -lstdc++ fixed problems like this, I can't
seem to reproduce it so it may have been a bug or something, I don't
know :)

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.