Date:      24 Jun 2001 14:14:23 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Port redirection with ipnat: tcp or tcp/udp?

Hello:

I've configured port redirection using ipnat from my firewall to a
server with a private IP address.  I'd like to know which proto's
are used by which services.  Right now I'm forwarding both tcp and
udp, but are all those needed?  The services I'm forwarding are
listed below.  Would anyone single out the ones that require tcp/udp?

smtp
http
https
pop3s
imaps
ssh

I also forward a range of ports to my workstation so that incoming
file transfers would work with the Licq client.  Is there a more
elegant way of achieving this?

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin