Date:      08 Jul 2002 16:16:51 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome2 panel not saving ordering

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 16:13, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 19:09, Sean McNeil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > One problem down, one to go.  I have several items in my panel (it is a
> > corner panel) and when I log out and log back in nothing but the foot is
> > in the right place.
>
> Check to make sure that all your ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf* directories
> have the correct permissions.

I had a *hell* of a time yesterday trying to get gnome2 working on my
home system.  The fix ended up being to reboot the machine!  The basic
problem is that there were too many leftover processes from gnome1
hanging about (specifically gconf-1).

You can examine the running processes and manually kill things, or just
reboot and start afresh.

After rebooting, all of my configuration issues magically disappeared!

/Joe