Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:42:05 GMT
From:      xiyuan qian <xiyuan@npc.haplink.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting up ppp dialin with FreeBSD2.2.5

Hi, I have installed a Hayes33.6 modem to my FreeBSD2.2.5 to let my customer
dialin and get an IP address as the handbook document told me. But there are
some problems I can not resolve them.
1. The Client (windows95 dialup network) can only make the connection at
   9600 rate speed and even can not set hardware control and IP header
   compress.
2. When the client connected (9600 rate speed), it can operate the server
   with the FreeBSD command. When enter the pppd command, the server shows
   that My ip address is 192.168.1.1 and Remote address is 192.168.1.101
   as I have configured at /etc/ppp/options.ttyd0 file. It seems the server
   is running well. But, at the client side, can NOT ping through the
   IP 192.168.1.101 and also the 192.168.1.1. Why?
3. Can I config the same modem act as a dialout modem with ppp? Is there
   anything I must take care?

Best regaurds!