Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 20:27:40 EDT
From:      auwbcpar@ibmmail.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   general

--- Received from NSW.RICHARP  X55041               21-06-95 10.22
  -> IBMMAIL.I1466824      IBMMAIL CONNECTION
Hi,
   I have just purchased a copy of the FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM and have
a couple of questions about it.
   1 - Do you know if anyone is writing or has written a CDROM
driver for either a CDROM via a SOUNDBLASTER interface or for a
CDROM as another IDE drive (I currently have an IDE hard disk and
would like to add a CDROM drive as the second drive, and I know
of someone who is doing this with LINUX).
   2 - Can you suggest a good source of technical information
about FreeDSB, either on the NET or technical manuals that may
be available. I would like some documentation about rebuilding
the KERNEL and writing device drivers specifically.

PS. is it ok to send technical questions here.

Any assistance you can give will be appreciated.

Paul Richardson
Sydney, Australia