Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andres Martinez <quixote_arg@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bug report

Hello there!

I tried to boot from the freeBSD floppy disk but I cannot...
this is the message I got:

fatal trap 1: privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer	=0x8:0xf01c741a
stack pointer		=0x10:0xefbfff38
frame pointer		=0x10:0xefbfff50
code segment		=base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			=DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	=resume, IOPL=0
current process		=0 ()
interrupt mask		=net tty bio
panic: privileged instruction fault

I searched the database trying to find an answer to this, and I found
a couple of questions alike, but no answer. So I ask you people to
see if you can help me out with this.

I have a Cyrix 486 DX4, a 1,7 giga hard disk partitioned (I pretend
to install FreeBSD on the second partition), and 24 megas of RAM.
If you need further info please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help.