Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 14:50:42 +0100
From:      Philip Payne <philip.payne@uk.mci.com>
Subject:   RE: ipfw + natd

Hi,

Generally speaking, a good way to start is to switch on logging on every
rule and also include a specific deny all rule that logs at the end of your
rules list. That way, you guarantee picking up what traffic is being dropped
and by what rule.... therefore , you can start to see what useful traffic
the previous default allow was letting through and allow it specifically.

If your log is too noisy you'll either need to manipulate the output using
grep -v or perl.... or an alternative is to start introducing more specific
rules that do not log to filter out the noise.

Once you're sorted, switch off the logging.

Hope that helps.

Phil.