Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:29:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Craig Calef <craig@darkside.dod.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Native Java in FreeBSD when?

FreeBSD Team,
	I was excited to hear the announcement of a native FreeBSD
implementation of Sun's JVM.  This would finally let me get rid of Linux
in situations where I need to deploy a Java based solution or have to
worry about the quirks of running under Linux emu or rolling my own from
source.  Unfortunately I haven't seen any news as to when this will be
made available beyond the 'should be available in 4.5 Jan 2002' which
doesn't appear to be the case.  Is Greg still actively developing this, I
haven't seen any announcements of patches past November.  Any information
you could provide me would be wonderful.

Best Wishes,
Craig Calef