Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:49:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Mark R. Evans" <mevans@ecsnet.com>
To:        Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tk/Tcl Programs Freeze X

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Greg Pavelcak wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 08:43:41AM -0600, Mark R. Evans wrote:
> > This is the exact behavior that I'm seeing, both with wish 4.2 and
> > wish8.0.  I've tried recompiling all the tk/tcl ports, updated the system
> > as of 12-7, still have the lockups.  I re-cvsup'ed using a Nov 15 date,
> > rebuilt the kernel and now everything works as it should.  I guess I'll
> > try to find the commit between 11-15 and now that is causing my problems.
> > Thanks for the advice.
> >
> Just to narrow it down, I experienced the same problem with
> sources from 11/21, I think. Certainly before Thanksgiving.
>
> I'd be happy to hear about anything you come up with.

OK, I've tracked down what is causing my lockups when Tk/Tcl program exit.

One Nov 23, a change was made to /usr/src/sys/kern/tty.c by bde to do the
following:

o Handle c_ispeed = 0 to c_ispeed = c_ospeed conversion here instead
  of in drivers and fix drivers that write to tp->t_termios.

When I backed out this change, my Tk/Tcl programs began working as normal.
I reverted by to tty.c v1.107.

My guess is that I'm using a driver that needs to be fixed per the comment
above.  Unfortunately, I don't know which one...  Anyway, the system is
now working much better.

Thanks to all who responded!