Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:23:01 -0600
From:      "default013" <default013@hotmail.com>
To:        <jcampbell@intacct.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cyrus-sasl (smtp auth)

JPC,

Hi, I tried doing this once again, now that I know where at least a couple
of the config files are. I have had the worst time getting this thing to
work. First let me mention, that I am using the FreeBSD sendmail default, I
have not installed any later version, and have been using regular hostname
auth up to now... (access.db) ... (should I install a newer version? and if
so, do I need to uninstall the old?)

So I went, installed the port, set my password using saslpasswd, I read the
readme file and it said something about a config file being in
/usr/lib/sasl/sendmail.conf or something... but there isn't even a sasl
directory there... whether I have to make it or not, I don't know but... I
would have no idea where to start...

Anyway, I tested it out and it did not work... (and yes pwcheck was running)
I have truthfully tried this many times, I have followed the steps from this
website every way that I could think of with no success
(http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html) ... I am totally stumped...
but I will keep trying!

I really appreciate you guyses help, thanks.