Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:40:36 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Turned off by FreeBSD daemons

At 10:21 PM 4/26/2002, Kris Kirby wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Brett Glass wrote:
>> Not to mention the Data General Nova ("No va" means "It doesn't
>> work" in both French and Spanish).
>
>Hrm. "Chevy Nova". :)

My first car was a Chevy Nova Super Sport with a 350 cubic
inch engine, and the expression "No va" definitely did not apply
to it. It saved my life on several occasions. If someone was heading
toward me and was about to hit me (as happened a few times),
I could just lightly tap the accelerator and be long gone from
the spot before they arrived. They don't make cars with that
kind of "get up and go" anymore.

But the name did hurt the car in foreign markets.

--Brett