Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:38:51 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Dominique BERTHET <dberthet@emse.fr>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, tmseck@web.de
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: squid-3.1.6

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:54:07PM +0200, Dominique BERTHET wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a sysadmin in a French School (Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne)
> I have 2 squid FreeBSD servers based with ntlm authentification
> I have upgrade squid from 5.1.x to 5.1.6 (yesterday)
> On a 32b arch: no problem, everything work fine
> On amd64: it works with http websites but impossible to access https
> websites with this
> TCP_MISS/503 errors
> On the amd64 server i downgrade to squid-3.0.25_2 and everything work
> fine...
> I supposed it's a problem with amd64 arch

I'm having the same exact problem at work.

It looks like a problem related to IPv6 support. Could you check if you
have IPv6 in the i386 kernel?

I found just one thread abut this in the squid mailing lists and on
linux the solution sems to be enabling IPv6. (can't find the url right
now)

I suspect squid 3.1.6 is trying to, for some reason, uses some IPv6
feature to perform CONNECT requests used to transport https.

My solution for now has ben reverting to the previous (3.1.4) version of
the squid port waiting to find a fix for this.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>