Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:46:00 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Rokotov <ivan.rokotov.bsd@yandex.ru>
Cc:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What will happen with unstaged ports with pending PRs on June 30th?

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 03:45:53PM +0200, Ivan Rokotov wrote:
> 21.06.2014, 15:37, "Kurt Jaeger" <lists@opsec.eu>:
> > Hi!
> >> =A0Only 9 days left until the proposed deadline to add staging support
> >> =A0to all ports. My question is: what will happen that day with unstag=
ed
> >> =A0ports that have submitted staging patches?
> >
> > From what I understand: Not much for additional 2 month.
> >
> > The plan was to remove the unstaged, deprecated ports beginning of Augu=
st.
>=20
> Well, from this mail:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-May/092166.html
> I gather that they will be marked as 'DEPRECATED' and set as non-maintain=
ed. DEPRECATED ports can't be installed, AFAIK.
>=20
> Nothing is said in the aforementioned mail about ports with pending PRs. =
I'm not a maintainer myself, but I guess that people won't be happy to have=
 their maintainership reset if they actually did their job.

Port with a PR will be safe anyway, and hopefully the PR will be committed =
by
then.

A lot of effort has been done recently by ports committers to reduce the PR
queue, the effort will continue.

regards,
Bapt

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L