Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:57:06 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1

I have installed StarOffice 5.1 without problems, but when I go to use, it
always launch the setup script.

I launch soffice which exec soffice.bin and even if I hacked the script a
little (but with the original is the same thing) the .bin continue to call
setup :-(

I installed it making :

cd /tmp
tar xvf so51_lnx_39.tar
mkdir /usr/local/Office51
mkdir /usr/local/Office51/lib

cd /usr/local/Office51/lib
tar zxvf /tmp/so51inst/misc/glibc2/glib2.tar.gz
mv glibc2/* .
rm -r glibc2

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/tmp/sv001.tmp:/usr/local/Office51/lib:/usr/compat/linux/lib/
cd /tmp/so51inst/office51
./setup

Installed in /usr/local/Office51

Any ideas or hints I have miss ?

P.s
I want to write an email to stardivision complain about the fact that I am
using FreeBSD. I don't pretend a native version, but at least a note or an
help.txt to install it on my system.
I have paid it (the cdrom). Otherwise the next time I, and all my friends
who bought it, will only download the free version.

P.p.s
The support will have to be valid also for non linux platform, or not ?

Thanks for attention.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it