Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 06:17:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/alpha/alpha clock.c

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Brad Knowles wrote:

:At 5:21 AM -0700 2002/05/21, Jamie Bowden wrote:
:
:>  How about we just nitpick your grammar instead?  you wouldn't say "I'm
:>  sending you an mail," and it's just as inappropriate a usage with
:>  reference to electronic mail.
:>
:>  Somewhere, hiding in this message, is a misspelling or grammatical error,
:>  as is customary.
:
:	Nah, here Rahul is actually correct.  You use "an e-mail" or "an
:email" either way, because of the a/an issue with the following word
:beginning with a consonant vs. a vowel.

Except that I would never 'send you a mail' either.  I would post some
mail to you, or send you a piece of mail, or send a parcel of mail.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"