Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:40:17 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Nikolay N. Semenov" <nngate@iname.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs OpenBSD

I'm comparing them both myself .... certainly appears that OpenBSD
is more pro-active in security related areas, firewalling is enabled
by
default instead of requiring a kernel compile, versions don't appear
change as often, apache / sudo / OpenSSH are included in the default
install, however its instal process is quite user-hostile by
comparison
with FreeBSD. I've read that the "trick" is to run the FreeBSD
disklabel
utility, then install OpenBSD.