Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:02:30 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vlad GALU <dudu@diaspar.rdsnet.ro>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   passing messages to routing sockets

	I understand that in order to add a new route to the routing
table, one must fill a buffer with an ifa_msghdr header, followed by three
socked adddress structures, representing the destination net/ip, the
netmask and the gateway.
	While reading route(4) I encountered this:

	struct ifa_msghdr {
		..
		u_int	ifmam_addrs;	/* like rtm_addrs */
		..
	}

	Now, the description for the rtm_addrs member of the rt_msghdr
says that this should be a bitmask that identifies sockaddrs in the
message sent to the routing socket.
	Could anyone provide a quick/small example on how to fill this
member ? I don't really understand what I should write into it.

	Thanks in advance for any interest shown to my problem and any
time spent on enlightening a poor soul :)

----
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.