Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:26:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        mikebo@tellabs.com
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, mikebo@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5R: SCSI hang and panic... HELP

As mikebo@tellabs.com wrote:

> ahc0: target 0, lun 0 (sd0) timed out
> ...[repeats]...
>
> SCSI bus hangs, and I'm forced to reboot system...

This is probably for Justin...  perhaps it's already fixed in 2.1
however.

> Once, this even happened:
> /: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
> panic: bad dir

Boot the installation floppy, select "Fixit", insert the fixit floppy,
and fsck /dev/rsd0a manually.  This assumes the 2.1 boot/fixit floppy
pair, you can also use them for 2.0.5 (except for actually running an
installation).

--
cheers, J"org