Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 1997 01:25:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 has been replaced by bt849

> For now, just return the card and get one that has a Bt848.

I have a Miro PCTV card with a Bt848 and a Temic tuner which partially
works - it seems to do only NTSC (even though it does PAL under
windows) and have some offset-problem for the DMA when running in
32-bit mode (the offset works correctly in 16-bit mode).

Should I try to debug this, or are other people working on it and I
should just not bother?  Any hints on where to start?

I have so far tried to switch the driver probes around to make the
Tenic detect as a PAL, and done some other minor experimental driver
changes, but it still seem to be doing NTSC only.

Eivind.