Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jonathan Hanna <jhanna@home.com>
To:        Michel Hoche-Mong <hoche@grok.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting hangs with 4.4-RC

On 27-Aug-01 Michel Hoche-Mong wrote:
> I had a similar problem with a Vaio FX220. I reported it last week,
> (and someone else confirmed having similar problems) but it may have
> gotten lost in all the mail about the TI chipset problems, and I thought
> I'd wait until you had that sorted out until bringing it up again.
>
> I cvsupped on 8/22, but still have the same hang. It runs fine if the
> "card" and "pcic" devices aren't built into the kernel. I haven't tried
> your latest ISA interrupt stuff, but i'll do that right now.
>
> -michel
>
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 08:41:13PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
>> In message <20010826185751.A736@helios.soupnazi.org> Jim Mock writes:
>> : There appear to be some major issues with 4.4-RC booting on a Sony Vaio
>> : R505TE.  4.3-RELEASE boots fine, however after a cvsup and make world,
>> : it hangs at mounting the root fs.  It just sits there forever doing
>> : nothing.  I'm trying a snapshot from mid-July right now to see if it's
>> : Warner's changes or something else causing it.  It's hard to tell at
>> : this point, because like I said, it does absolutely nothing but sit
>> : there.
>>
>> Where does it hang?  I'm REALLY interested in a hang like that...
>>
>> Warner

I had this as well on a Vaio FX220. It has been solved for me by the last round
of changes and:

/boot/loader.conf:
        hw.pcic.intr_path=1
        hw.pcic.irq=0

(instructions to try that followed the fixes)

I am not seeing USB mouse interrupts, though I never have and it may be
unrelated.

Jonathan Hanna <jhanna@home.com>