Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:46:57 -0500
From:      Rob Andrews <rob@cyberpunkz.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@gayteenresource.org>
Cc:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scp/sftp without encrypting data

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

That's not what he is saying..  In order to see the load decrease
the server and client would have to also have encryption turned down..
I'm not sure if there is even a way to turn encryption off.

My question is however, if you're wanting to turn the encryption off,
what is the reason that a standard ftpd would not solve the problem.

muddleftpd is a very flexible and well built ftpd and well worth a
look if you're worried about the ftpd being an issue due to security.

Cheers..

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:36:31AM -0400, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
> if your not using encryption, what makes you think that the load would get
> any better on the server? -- Jonathan
>=20

--=20
Rob Andrews