Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:35:13 +0100
From:      "Daniel S. Haischt" <me@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>
To:        Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: clamd after upgrade to 0.83

Usually if you are running ClamAV in UNI domain socket mode,
there should be a UNIX domain socket called 'clamd' in ...

  -> /var/run/clamav

Tho - this file can be configured in /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf.

If ClamAv is running in TCP/IP mode it should be possible to
test whether the server is responding by connecting to its
TCP/IP port using a telnet client ...

  -> telnet localhost 3310