Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:55:11 +0200
From:      Herbert <h.j.s@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot Mount Root

Hello!

I run 4.1-STABLE for days. This morning I cvsupped and run a make
installworld. Afterwards I compiled a new kernel, same config as ever.
Now I cannot run my system, always the following error message appears,
when trying to mount the root partition:

 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad1s1a
 Root Mount failed: 6

Hmm! /dev/ad1s1a is my root partition and I can boot my system when
running kernel.old and kernel.GENERIC. But kernel always fails.
I rebuild the kernel twice (damn, and now the good kernel.old is gone
:( as well).

Anyone knows what's wrong here?

Best Regards,
Herbert