Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:44:57 +0100
From:      Jean-Mark Dupoux <jmdupoux@lineone.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unknown option __SGNXPRO__

I'm  trying to compile  a kernel to support my sound card, but  running
into a strange problem when i go to run /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL  -
fbsd44 release

the lines I have in my config  file  are
<< ---------------
device snd
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 0 flags 0x11
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 9
device opl0 at isa? port 0x388
device joy0 at isa? port 0x200
options __SGNXPRO__

>> ---------------

when  I run /usr/sbin/config now it comes back with
Unknown option "__SGNXPRO__" (line 244)

What could be wrong ?
this is a legitimate config  file option according  to man sb

I would just ignore the whole problem and comment the line out, but when
I ran the first kernel  build before without the options line my
/dev/sndstat  came  back with no mixer -  which I think  prevented
anything coming out of the card.
the soundblaster and other  modules all loaded correctly, and  wav
files gave the impression of being played  normally on the command line
but  with absolutely no sound  produced
This is  a Aztech Sound Galaxy card, which  should work with (if not
need) the  SGPRO mixer, hence the options line

all suggestions  appreciated

Jean-Mark Dupoux
jmdupoux_@_lineone.net