Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:49:34 +1030 (CST)
From:      Chris Foote <chris@senet.com.au>
To:        Jack Wenger <jwenger@ac-ent.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PostgreSQL

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Jack Wenger wrote:

> I just installed PostgreSQL on one of my servers yesterday. No problem with
> the install, had to build a new kernel. The problem is, all of my man pages
> (for the ENTIRE system) seem to have disappeared. I did install the docs
> that come with Postgres, and when I do a man I get:
>
> bash-2.02$ man locate
> No manual entry for locate
>
> How can I restore the pointers to my man pages?

Hi Jack.

Check out your shell's .profile file - after installing PostgreSQL,
it recommends that you add something like:

MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/usr/local/bin
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
export PATH MANPATH PGLIB PGDATA

you just need to evaluate the current manpath so it becomes importable,
so add a line at the top like:

MANPATH=`manpath`

Works for us ;-)

Cheers,

Chris Foote                        SE Net
Technical Manager                  222 Grote Street
SE Network Access                  Adelaide SA 5000
e-mail chris@senet.com.au          Australia
phone :  (08) 8221 5221	           PGP Public Key available from
fax:     (08) 8221 5220            http://www.senet.com.au/PGP
support: (08) 8221 5792