Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:23:15 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IA-64 simulator

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 09:29:11AM -0700, Arun Sharma scribbled:
> http://news.excite.com/news/zd/000613/09/chip-makers-cozy
>
> Starting Tuesday, Linux developers have been free to download from the
> Intel Web site or the HP site a copy of the IA-64 SDK. The kit includes
> an IA-64 simulator developed by HP labs that will allow application
> developers to begin writing 64-bit Linux applications on their Pentium
> III systems running any Linux 2.2-kernel-based operating system, according
> to Intel and HP officials.

Do you have any more information about the SDK and emulator?  I've done
a quick search for information about it and can't find any.  I am
posting this question to an internal HP newsgroup (responses to which,
of course, I can not repost here, but I will give them contact
informatin for Mike Smith and David Greenman per Mike's followup).

-brian

--
Brian O'Shea
boshea@ricochet.net