Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:11:53 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   multimedia/tvheadend has been committed

Hi guys.

I have been working on tvheadend for some time and got it to the point
where I think it starts to become useful for others too. Upstream was
very helpful and merged a lot of patches already and also helped with
the kqueue support.

So what is tvheadend and why do you want it?
- If you are using XBMC then you really want tvheadend as your DVB
backend. This allows you to watch TV and record stuff within XBMC.
- If you are using MythTV then you really want to use tvheadend because
it's slim and light and still does everything you ever need. Without all the
Qt GUI and without a database and without a ton of plugins.

The port itself is in a somewhat useable state but there is still quite some
work to bring it in a good shape. I still wanted to bring it to the
tree to allow
other people to jump in and give it a broader testing with other devices and
other environments.

Known issues:
- scanning does not work (at least not for my Dib7000 DVB-T device)
- no libav support
- no libdvbcsa support
- no rc.d script
- does not compile on FreeBSD 8.x

Patches, feedback and help are always welcome!

WWW: https://tvheadend.org/

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/