Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:47:08 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        nimrodm@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IPSEC mini-howto updated!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:04:06PM +0200, Nimrod Mesika wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 11:14:26AM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > > http://www.x-itec.de/projects/tuts/ipsec-howto.txt
> > > FreeBSD ipsec mini-howto
> > >
> > Now that you mention it.
> >
> > Why this document states that we need `gif' devices
> > for IPSec to work?  We're running VPN on IPSec without
> > any gif(4) configured.  The only ``magic'' used is to
> > have routes on border nodes so that locally originated
> > traffic has a proper source IP address.
>
> Just curious:
>
> Do you have any Windows 2000 machines on this VPN (working as
> gateways or standalone clients connecting using IPSec)?

This VPN connects three networks, 192.168.0, 192.168.1, and
192.168.4, through the Internet, and it has a lot of Win2k
machines.  (Not sure what do you mean by "standalone clients
connecting using IPSec.)  These networks are connected by
3 FreeBSD boxes, running IPSec.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,