Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:17:11 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        "Christopher Sean Hilton" <chris@vindaloo.com>, "Jason Barnes" <jason.w.barnes@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: interactive stop on boot

Yeah, what CHris said.

Also, there is an option you can put in fstab to allow the automount, and
background the NFS mounts ... so that if the mount fails the boot will
continue. Again, as mentioned, this will only work if the OS and your
connection method (ssh daemon?) are not dependant on the NFS mounts.

Here is what my fstab looks like. Note line 6 that specifies the "-t=10,-b"
options (to timeout the mount after 10 seconds and to background the nfs
mount).

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/da0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/da0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/da0s1f             /home           ufs     userquota,rw    0       2
/dev/da0s1d             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/da0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
nfsserver:/mnt          /mnt            nfs     -t=10,-b,rw     0       0

-Grant