Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:52:27 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Jeff Palmer <scorpio@sunline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: update to PR #17447

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 08:16:03PM -0500, Jeff Palmer wrote:
> The port tarball is located at..
> http://members.sunline.net/scorpio/slay.tgz

This tarball does not work...:

<2 5020-0> (00-04-03 17:49:09) [will@shadow /usr/ports/sysutils]% tar xfz
slay.tgz
tar: Skipping to next file header...

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
tar: child returned status 1

Please repost. When I looked at your original slay PR, I saw a lot of
problems with the port that you could have avoided had you read
porting.html, and if you had used portlint, available in the ports
collection.

Also, once I fixed the port to comply with portlint -N -a -c, I tried out
this script. Immediately, my X programs, etc., were killed.

I tried with an argument, and discovered that it killed me instead of the
username I'd specified. I then decided that this script is a security
threat, because if someone executes it as root, they risk taking their
system down.

Please check these issues, and get back to me.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>