Date:      Thu, 08 May 2003 14:28:37 +0000
From:      "How Can ThisBe" <howcanthisbe300@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntpdate and ntpd questions

ntpdate works perfectly for setting the local clock time using the following
syntax:
ntpdate ntp1.t-online.de

However `man ntpdate' states that ntpdate will be removed 'soon' and that I
should use `ntpd -q' instead. So I read up on ntpd but I can not seem to get
it to
work at all. ntpdate is perfectly simple and I'm guessing ntpd is just as
simple so I
must be missing something, I just have no idea at all what that 'something'
could
be.

I just want to be able to set the time :]

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp