Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:04:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   weak support for 1522 (aic driver)

How can we improve the aic driver in FreeBSD ? I am running 2.1.6 becuase
2.1.7 crash with a kernal panic looking something like this:

kernal panic: historical reasons
aic.c (line xxxxxx)

and 2.2.2 doesn't even see my 1522 card. So what can I do to help, I have
never written a Unix device driver, but I will try. To think that 3-4
years ago I donated 2 - 3 boxes of computer books, which included the
famous "How to Write a unix Device Driver in C", they even had a working
driver for a worm drive.

Paul Griffith - paulg@interlog.com