Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 15:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
Cc:        csugrad.cs.vt.edu!sbuck@dg-rtp.dg.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: soundcard question

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

>  So, to get my sound card working; I have a little DOS floppy I
> boot from, that runs the sound card's setup program.  Then, I do
> a warm boot (CNTL-ALT-DEL) to boot up FreeBSD.  At that point,
> FreeBSD recognizes the sound card as a "normal" sound-blaster Pro, and
> everything works fine.
>
>  I think some people are working on getting Plug-and-Play into
> FreeBSD... is that true?

Yes...  There is work being done, but I'm holding out until I can get
everything working the way Plug-and-Play was intended (i.e. fully
automatic).

In the meantime, some VERY preliminary (working) support can be found on
ftp://xi.dorm.umd.edu/pub/pnp/*  These patches are for -current, though
they should be easily adaptable to 2.1R.

Sujal