From:      Paul MacKenzie <pc.mackenzie@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Open SSL 0.9.4 with Freebsd 2.2.8

Hello,

This seems a very basic (and almost pitiful question), but hence I must ask it,

I am trying to install OpenSSL 0.9.4 (port version and as well downloaded
version), and have been getting a few errors. I have navigated most of
them, but when it makes the openssl, it says that the platform is not
supported???

1) Is this a correct message? Is FreeBSD 2.2.8 really not supported?

2) When I type "which openssl" nothing comes up. What manual change do I
have to do to get it working. And if I do this will there be any problems
with integrating it with Apache 1.3.9 with the SSL port.

Thanks a million for any help,

Paul