Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:16:59 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Gustavo Vieira G C Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        laijc@usa.net, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: about install from cdrom

Gustavo Vieira G C Rios wrote:

> I had similar problem, it dues to:
> My HD was on 1 controler as master and CDROM was on 2 controler as
> slave. All i had to do was to put it (the CDROM) to the first controller
> as slave. Simple. not?

Or put the CD on controller 2 as the master (assuming you've not got
another HD there, if so put that as a slave on controller 1)

> I hope i have helped you.
>
> PS: i am sorry about my terrible english!!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with your English

> "" wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> > I install FreeBSD 3.0 from CDROM ,but  get a problem when I Choose source media type,
> > it said "No CDROM found!...". I'm  using BTC 12X Cdrom.Could you tell me how to do?
> >   Thanks a lot!
> >                                                                  laijc
> >                                                                Dec 26th,1998

> --

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com