Date:      14 Nov 2002 10:05:26 -0500
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        xxavi@myrealbox.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDA, USB and synchronization

xxavi@myrealbox.com writes:

> Good, recently I have acquired one palm m515 and comes with kit of
> synchronization with cable USB for this port, I want to know if the Palm by
> port USB can be synchronized? and in affirmative case where I can find
> information of like doing it.
>
> Come, until another one.

Two things to try. I don't know if they work with the m515, though:

- coldsync (in the ports) - install, configure usbd, then all you need is
to put it in the cradle and hit the button to synchronize.

- ucom (man ucom). It fakes an old-style serial-line connection over the
USB one. Once you have that working you can use utilities that expect a
serial connection like jpilot (in the ports). You might need to upgrade
your system to get ucom.

I remember some discussions involving both in the mailing-lists. Try the
-stable archives.

--

  Dan Pelleg