Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:57:54 -0800
From:      "John Howie" <JHowie@msn.com>
To:        "The Mad Scientist" <madscientist@thegrid.net>, "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tracing Spoofed Packets

If you have the Alcatel DSL ANT box (the standard with PacBell DSL) it uses
an IP address of 10.0.0.138 for its internal Web Server. You can connect to
the ANT using a standard browser and carry out administration tasks. It may
be that someone's ANT is broken or they have (badly) reconfigured it.

From a security standpoint, this would be potentially serious as you could
then hack their ANT.

john...