Date:      Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:36:32 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gcc error

On 2005-03-27 10:21, Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st> wrote:
>On 26 Mar Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 04:24:42PM +0100, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
>>> So, what is this and waht can be done about it? I guess it's a gcc
>>> compiler error. I deleted all gcc packages that were installed (back
>>> to the systems's version - FreeBSD-4.11R). It did not help.
>>>
>>> The error I get:
>>>
>>> "c++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations"
>>> The same error happens sometimes with 'cc'
>>
>> Show us the full error, not a context-free excerpt.
>
> Sure I want to do that. But I'm bit of an novice. How can I grep those
> errors on screen to a file?

Before you start building anything, run script(1):

    $ script
    Script started, output file is typescript
    $ gcc -o hello hello.c
    $ exit

    Script done, output file is typescript

Then you will have a file called 'typescript' in the current working
directory, which will contain everything you typed or saw on your terminal
while you were within the 'scripted shell'.  Edit this file and copy
whatever parts seem useful :-)

- Giorgos