Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:20:25 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, wosch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO PCG-745/LT

> Does FreeBSD (with XFree86) runs on a Sony VAIO PCG-745/LT?
>
> VAIO PCG-745/LT,
> Pentium 266 MHz MMX, 3,2 GB HDD,
> 32 MB SDRAM (max. 128 MB), PCI- BUS,
> 12,1" DSTN SVGA (800x600), 2MB Video-RAM,
> FDD, 24xCD-ROM
> Li Ion-Akku, ohne Modem,
> Sound, 2x PCMCIA Type II (CardBus, ZV-Port), Touchpad, 2,5 kg

I run -current on a Sony VAIO PCG-747.  Mine's A4 size and has a 4Gb
disk (I think the one you mention is physically smaller), but apart
from that they seem the same (I didn't want the modem, so I don't
know if it's soft).

X runs 800x600x16bpp (the neo driver in XF86_SVGA with 3.3.3*).

Buy more memory and be careful of Sony customer support (the
backlight on mine went after 3 weeks and not only did they refuse to
replace the unit, but they said they couldn't fix the unit for an
``unspecified'' amount of time.  I had to send them a registered
letter threatening the cancellation of our contract of sale before
they responded according to the warranty).

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;