Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:58:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User Registration [was Is there a "how did you hear about us?" ]

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> Licia wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > > 2) To encourage more people to complete and send in the form why
> > >    not try and get volunteers to handle the forms in their country?
> > >    This would spread the workload and should hopefully more people
> > >    would send the forms in because they wouldn't have the inconvenience
> > >    of having to go to the post office to find the cost of mailing to
> > >    the US. The volunteer could then enter the details from the forms
> > >    onto the registration database on behalf of the non-connected
> > >    users.
> >
> > I personally think this would be a Good Idea.  Would that person accept
> > responsibility for snail mailing confirmation back to the user with their
> > 'FreeBSD Handle' for future reference?  I could handle doing so in the US,
> > with no difficulty if need be...
>
> That is such a good idea, it should be integrated with the "whois" protocol.
> I guess we'd have to add a check box for "keep my information out of the
> whois database," though.

I think i've found a simpler solution to this, actually in just using the
person or group's email address, so we won't need any sort of whois system,
although if there is serious interest in such, I'd be happy to help develop
one :)

     [ licia@o-o.org ] [ http://www.o-o.org/~licia/ ] [ Alias : Ladywolf]
     [ Telnet to o-o.org and log in as bbs ]    [ ssh -l bbs -C o-o.org ]
     [        A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/         ]

  main(){int num[4]={1768122732,762265697,1919889007,103};printf("%s\n",num);}