Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      freeman dyson <freemandyson2001@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2.1 with Linksys WPC54G & NDIS project evil...

Hi all,

I'm Running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE on a Dell Latitude.
I have a Linksys WPC54G.  I've gotten the
sys/compat/ndis stuff and compiled and installed it
according to these instructions:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/ibm-thinkpad-t41.php

I'm currently at the O'Reilly open source conference,
which has a huge wireless network, and tons of users.
 the card works fine on their network in my room.
when I'm downstairs in the sessions ( where all the
other people are too ), I get an IP address from the
dhcp server ( on the right network ), but I can't ping
anything, or connect  to any machine.   I can see
traffic ( via tcpdump ).  also wicontrol behaves funny
( strange data output ).  should I also update
ifconfig & wicontrol to current?    also, it doesn't
let me switch channels using "ifconfig ndis0 channel
8"

My windows drive works fine ( slow, but it works )
with this card.

I've turned all the debugging on via sysctl, and when
I plug the card in, there doesn't appear to be any
errors.  and when I do a dhclient, I get "ndis0 link
up".

when I get back up to my room, I'll boot up to FreeBSD
and reply with more detailed info.

anyone have any sugesstions?

thanks,

-freeman