Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:02:00 +1000
From:      David L <dlodeiro@inspired.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeon 8500 LE 128mb

Has anyone had any success with dual head on this card ( that is, one monitor
on the vga output and another on the dvi output )?

usually if I do pciconf -v -l with one monitor hooked up only and to the vga
port, I get

drm0@pci1:0:0:  class=0x030000 card=0x00041681 chip=0x514c1002 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies'
    device   = 'R200 Radeon 8500 / 8500LE'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

as you can see it has the drm driver attached.

If I start with both monitors plugged in I get this:

none0@pci1:0:0:  class=0x030000 card=0x00041681 chip=0x514c1002 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies'
    device   = 'R200 Radeon 8500 / 8500LE'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

what happened with the driver? The text in the console also looked blurry.
If I go to startx  I get a no screens found error.

Does anyone know about this, had any experience, now where to look, or wether
this is more a freebsd current type question?

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get dual
screen happening

Thanks in advance

David