Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:49:37 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSUP & buildworld

J McKitrick wrote:

> OK, i read the HOW-TO on buildworld.  But i still have a question about
> mergemaster.  I didn't see it mentioned in the 47 page doc i read.  Is
> this used after installing the new world?
> If i understand correctly, i want this order, right?
> 1.  CVSUP
> 2.  Build new kernel
> 3.  build world/install world
> 4.  mergemaster

Yes. Haven't used mergemaster myself yet, but it is supposed to assist
in merging the manual stuff, config files, devices and such. Dreary
drudge work. But so rewarding. Especially when you get piles of config
files with as only change the maintainers initials <g>.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.