Date:      Thu, 03 Oct 2002 22:32:19 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        "SweeTLeaF" <SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com>, questions@freebsd.org, "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@mchsi.com>
Subject:   Re: grub boot loader or freebsd boot loader

10/3/2002 6:10:32 PM, "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@mchsi.com> wrote:

>I have been using gag for quite some time now.  I think it is the best
boot
>loader out there.  I boot Redhat, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Windows
2000. with
>it.  It displays a graphical menu, has password security, allows you to
set
>a default OS with a boot timer, makes a backup of your boot
configuration on
>floppy, It does not require any drive space outside of the MBR, and it
was
>*very* easy to set up.
>http://raster.cibermillennium.com/gageng.htm

Grub is in the FreeBSD ports (/usr/ports/sysutils/grub).  No, it has no
problems at all booting FreeBSD.  Why not try Grub, the XP bootloader
if you like, gag if you want - and see which you prefer.  What someone
else likes may not be your preference, after all.

Read the documentation for each bootloader (and Google, Google
Groups, FBSD FAQ, etc.) *thoroughly* before you do anything.  A
temporarily unbootable machine is a hassle at best and costly at worst if
you can't figure out on your own how to restore it to bootable condition.

Jud