Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 21:47:20 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        dicen@hooked.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_manage and ports

In message <32B53505.41C67EA6@hooked.net>, dicen@hooked.net writes:

>I just got four messages from this guy!
>One message reply for every email sent. I would say SPAM!
>I don't care about your damn Mexicain (one country I would never go to)
>crappy hotel! I only vacation in Maui at either Walia or Lahina.
>
>sands wrote:
>>
>> DONīT SEND ME YOUR THINKS RONG ADDRESS
>>

>English Please! What the hell does this mean?

He is, to the best of his ability, trying to get removed from a mailing
list that he has probably never subscribed to in the first place, a
request that I forwarded to our postmaster the first time I saw it.

While we're on the subject of unappropriate emails:  Would it be too
much trouble for >you< Mr "dicen" not to spam our lists with your
badly contained lack of polite behaviour ?

Unless you can behave yourself in civilized company, I would suggest
you refrain from sending emails to the freebsd lists, but rather lurk
around for a couple of years until you get the drift.

For your information:  You little "outburst" here, bothered at least
1002 direct receipients of the mailinglists in question, and amongst
that thousand addresses are at least 150 mail-exploders, so I think a
fair guess is that at least 2000 people think something along the
lines of "I wonder how that mexican guy got on our list, and what
a jerk that ``dicen'' guy is!"

If you don't like this, you'd better unsubscribe instead of replying.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.