Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:41:01 -0400
From:      "James B. Wilkinson" <jimmy@CS.cofc.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    Re: I'm at a loss for a way to mount this second harddrive

I can't help jumping in with my own clue-impaired question:

chip typed                   "disklabel wd3s1"
BSD typed back (in part)     "disk:     wd1s1"
                                        ^^^^^

so why does disklabel come back with "wd1s1" instead of "wd3s1"??
                                        ^                  ^
                                        ^                  ^
something to do with where it was mounted before, perhaps?

I don't have a problem to fix here; I'm just a curious sort (alternate
interpretations permitted).

>And here are the results of disklabel  wd3s1 (as per your
>instructions)

>chip# disklabel wd3s1
># /dev/rwd3s1c:
>type: ESDI
>disk: wd1s1
       ^^^^^
       ^^^^^
[etc.]

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Perfesser of Computer Science
jimmy@cs.CofC.edu          | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424

If there is one word to describe me,
that word would have to be "profectionist".