Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 13:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Phillips <chris@selkie.org>
To:        Mitch Vincent <mitch@venux.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD SMP

You will need 4 Xeon processors to do the 4 way SMP.  I do not believe
there is a database that runs native on FreeBSD and not through emulation
what would even be able to take advantage of all that processing
power.  There seems to be very little documentation on FreeBSD's ability
to run Oracle.  Perhaps the money that you were going to invest in
processing power would be better spent on some raid or ram.

-Chris Phillips