Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:36:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Bryan Swann <swann@nchp4601.nosc.mil>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Web Server Setup

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Bryan Swann wrote:

> When I select a file with the ".tgz" extension, my web client tries to
> display the file instead of downloading it.  This may be my (the
> clients) problem, but I think the problem is caused by the web server
> configuration.

As far as I know, there are no ".tgz" files served directly by
www.freebsd.org.  There may be links to ".tgz" files on
ftp.freebsd.org, but that is a completely different machine,
using ftp protocols, not HTTP with handy content-type
identification.  For ftp it is usually up to the browser to do
the Right Thing based on filename extensions.

-john